Our lives can be challenging and busy so anything that can reduce stress is beneficial to our healthy and wellbeing. I have included a few that I know have worked for me.
- Set your clothes out the night before and make sure everything is set up for you to get ready in the morning. Prepare your breakfast if you can and don’t skip it, it really is the most important meal of the day.
- Make the lunches for school or work the night before get your family to help.
- A five- minute relaxation (breathing exercises sets you up for the day). Download my Free Meditation e-course com
Some tips on planning meals for the week and reducing stress
- Try and plan your weekly meals, as this also allows for a weekly shop and as you know what you’re having for each day there is then less stress.
- On Sunday nights or morning if you’re working nights spend some time working out the menu for the week.
- Place the menu on the fridge so you and the others in your house know what you’re having.
- Delegate some of the jobs. Peeling potatoes extra.
- Prepare ahead if you can. I know that there will be times when you are just too tired, but planning is the key to succeeding with being able to enjoy some healthy meals.
- Make lunch to take to work, it costs less and can be a lot healthier.
Check out my blog on 5 Tips to Creating a Healthy Work/Life Balance
- My work practice is:
- Meditation as it brings me into balance and I can focus on my important tasks.
- I have a sheet of paper where I write down my three most important tasks the things I need to get done that day.
- I also use Todoist, which helps keep things on track.
- Emails, respond to email immediately, when responding keep to five sentences or less. Delete those you don’t need and categorise the others to keep your inbox tidy.
- I spend sometime in the morning checking social media then check later in the afternoon. I found I needed to be really disciplined in this otherwise I could have spent half the day on there.
- Take your breaks, you do not do yourself any favours by not.
Leonie Dawson from Life & Soul Art & Biz has an awesome planner in her Life & Biz Workbook. http://shiningacademy.com/